If Sigourney Weaver turned down the role of either alien 5 or 6

_Zwecky_, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

If Sigourney Weaver turned down the role of either alien 5 or 6 would they cut out the character Ripley from the script or would they get another actor to play Ripley?

00Alien_sig03-1.pngIn Wal-Mart Everyone Can Hear You Scream

Unknown, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

It's unlikely that they'll ever make an Alien 5 or 6. Ressurection didn't leave any place for continuation (mostly because it ruined the ripley storyline) And Sigourney's age puts another problem to the idea, and without Ripley, the movies would be nowhere near as successful as the previous ones. Too many complications to bother, probably.

SigIMalus.jpg

To be powerful, you need an army.
To have an army, you need to be powerful.

black_warrior, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Dang, ripley is about 60 now? well i guess it would make since, but if she could still play ripley just as good or better than she used to then i dont see why they wouldnt take her.

Blackwarrior-sig.jpg
.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.<--Click it

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

Bio_Hazard_13, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Fox probably wouldnt replace the character, if she turned down the role. Because 1. No one can pull of Ripley except Weaver, and 2. Because all the fans would be really pissed. If they do a new Alien movie, they may introduce a new "sidekick" type character, like in the past Alien movies. That character my possibly replace Weaver if they ever do future movies.

Naun-De-Than-Guan (The kiss of midnight)

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I agree with Bio_hazard, but I don't know. I doubt there will be any more if AVP2 is as bad as people think.

00Bloo_sig01.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

wow to bad :(

predalien of shadow serpents

in Space, No one can Hear you Scream

Kaizen, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

they would int possibly consider weaver for ailen 5 pr 6 cos she is about 60 or som in like that by the way that wasnt meant to be mean if it did

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Coz I read somewhere that she was going to consider being apart of one of the new alien movies, even though she is pretty old. But even if she doesn't, where there still be a Ripley character played by another actor?

Ah i have a plot riply could have a daughter in the 5th film therefore the daughter can be the main as riply will her mother. Riplys daughter (could just be sigornys daughter or her grand child.. what ever fits best)

GigerDrone.jpg
A Creature of the Dark

hajou3, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Ya in the movie they could have ripley training her daughter or son or granddaughter or grandson or whatever and then the aliens get to the planet theyre on... and thats all I can think of right now, its like 3 am where I am

Zhao20Yun20CG1.jpg
HuntersMoonMEMBER-byceltic102.jpg

"Prepare to say goodbye to your two best friends, and I dont mean your pals in the winnebago."-Dark helmet from Spaceballs the movie

The Forum Rules

Yeah but I still think there will be another Alien movie because here in Australia there is a news show called "Today" and Weaver went on the news show talking about the proposition of the new alien movie and how she may be staring in it, but I didn't get to see all of it coz I had to go to school :(
But the new movie wouldn't nesecarilly need to follow on from the last movie because it was so cr@p.

predalienking, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

yeah they could do like a prequel instead of a sequel but i would rather see a sequel

863866_1.jpg

Bio_Hazard_13, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

The thought of a prequel entered my mind, but the first Alien is sooo good I would rather them do a sequal like you said. And not ruin the 1st Alien for me. About the whole daughter thing, if you remember Ripley had a daughter, but she died with no kids while Ripley was floating around in space at the beginning of Aliens. So they may not put the son/daughter thing in.

Naun-De-Than-Guan (The kiss of midnight)

Mishmuf, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I think they may have an entirely different hero and have Ripley as some adviser to the new hero for half of the movie, then have her killed off towards the end of the movie.

Mishmufsig.jpg

Or they could 'pull a hicks' on her. You know, have her fall into a jet turbine or someing at the beginning of the movie.

Drenton.jpg
This is your life. Consumer. Animal. Hypocrite. Worthless.

daveberg, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

have you seen her though? Sigourney looks great for her age, she could easily pull it off. And just to let you know, she was on an interview on TV a few nites ago and mentioned the fact she is STILL in talks with both Ridley Scott and James Cameron about doing one last ALien film where Ripley Travels to the Alien homeworld and destroys the species once and for all......

Keep your ears open guys, we may get some good news yet.....

davesback.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

wow cool dave i like know dave ;)

in Space, No one can Hear you Scream

Yeah, there is also some good and interesting ideas ideas on "Alienexperience".
When your at alien experience home page click on "Alien Planet Treatment Review"

Stalker, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Giger Drone, the whole thing with Ripley's daughter couldn't work, as it was mentioned in the special edition of Aliens that Ripley's daughter had died in the time Ripley had been drifting in the nostromo post-Alien.

Admittedly, Sigourney Weaver still looks good for her age, so she could possibly pull off the Ripley character one last time, although even back in resurrection in '97 she was looking a little seasoned. The alien movies wouldn't be the same without her though.

thorndesignssig.jpg

Well if they did bring weaver back, they'd easily be able to make some excuse for her age, I guess, like the whole 'growth acceleration' idea that was used in star wars, that could be an unexpected effect of the cloning. (cause remember people, she IS a clone in the story)

html>