HMMMMMM... ALIENS IN THE SKY'S!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

do u know what would be so cool...flying aliens! can u guys image a facehugger on an eagle or something and the alien being able to fly.that would be a good hunt for preds. or a cat alien which can happen.

DiscsSig.gif

hajou3, Undefined, 17 years ago

cat aliens would probably be smaller runners, but a bird alien would be cool thed probably look like the things from ridick actually.

Hajou3sSig.gif

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

To Crow: Now, I said it was near impossible, but not impossible. He was asking what IF, not what WE KNOW. I repect your views, but I ALSO said it was truly impossible for a Facehugger to facehug a Pterodactyle. It's a ferocious dinosaur that is a hold to get of. Seriously. Even if it were living, it would be hard to get a hold of.

To TITANOSAUR: I respect the way you think. But if you were replying to me, I said it was near impossible, no offense. It can still happen but it has a lot of things from preventing it from happening. It CAN still happen, but there are things blocking it from happening. But if it was a 'what IF', it could certainly happen, but it is most likely NOT to.

To Crow: I know you're REALLY good in science but there may be extinct species of reptile or any type of animal that we haven't found out about. Flying Aliens CAN happen. But it's too... well, I can't find a word for it, but it seems like it doesn't belong in AVP let alone the Alien franchise. Some people said it was HIGHLY UNLIKELY, but never said never.

Regular Reply: It can happen but has a VERY HIGH chance that it wouldn't. Like TITANOSAUR said, think of possibilities. Never say Never.

00Alien_sig2.9.5.PNG

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

TITANOSAUR, Undefined, 17 years ago

now wiat a minute! are you implying that if one thinks of it its not possible? like if I were to say... if a facehugge facehugs a crocodile that when it emerges it will look like a crocodile. that you will say its not possible cause its not in the movies nor the games its impossible? or its impossible cause a facehugger can't impregnate a crocodile cause you never seen it?

doesn't meen its not possible. its like saying cause you can't see it it isn't real.

TitanosaurSig.jpg
http://z3.invisionfree.com/thehiveofthealiens
go to my ALIEN site NOW!

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

*points to facts above* I think 2 of those apply to why that wouldn't work out...

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone

If it were to impregnate a Pterodactyle (which is really truly impossible) it would be able to fly. But then again, like I said, everything about it being impregnated as the Pterodactyle as a host, everything about that is impossible and wrong.

00Alien_sig2.9.5.PNG

TITANOSAUR, Undefined, 17 years ago

flying aliens... its possible if it has wings, flies and gets facehugged its possible. personally I really don't trust the games nor the comics. and again any things possible. I never ask me self if its canon. it takes the fun right out of it.

TitanosaurSig.jpg
http://z3.invisionfree.com/thehiveofthealiens
go to my ALIEN site NOW!

Well, I can see a large number of issues involving a flying alien:

1) Any avian creature's arms and hands ARE its wings, so in essence the xenomorph would have to have only one or the other

2) Most flying creatures are only capable of flying because of feathers. Since xenomorphs do not develop hair of any other follicle-based structure, they would most likely not develop feathers.

3) In order to fly the xenomorph would be required to have hollow bones or be incredibly small in size. Since xenomorphs possess multiple appendages and are plated by bony protrusions beneath the skin, it is highly likely that they would simply be too heavy.

4) Most flying organisms have to be taught how to fly. A xenomorph would have to somehow instantaneously gain this knowledge through instinct.

As previously mentioned, I doubt that a xenomorph would ever develop wings if it emerged from any sort of airborne organism. And, as previously mentioned, I believe that it would simply adopt an airborne host's advanced circulatory system, light frame, and angular skeletal structure. This is the same thing I did for my personal xenomorph Crow. If you would like a reference picture, I have one in my Profile.

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone

xeno_slayer, Undefined, 17 years ago

otang not that i dont agree that it would screw up the franchise but i wouldnt be surprised if we did see flying aliens

Image hosted by Photobucket.com hunters moon
HuntersMoonMEMBER-byceltic102.jpg

Heheh. Yeah, those were my thoughts. Eagle Alien, nah. Dinosaur Alien, nope. Dog Alien, yes. Why Dog Alien? Because it reminds me a lot of the Runner, and vice versa. It also doesn't take the feelings away from Xenomorph in my opinion. It just fits, you know.

00Alien_sig2.9.PNG

lol i got crazy idea's.am mixing animals with aliens to see the outcome.but if u go to arkwork in this site page 6 u will see flying aliens. but a flying alien can exist.an eagle is huge enough to carry a chestberster.so its possable it can happen. since preds catch aliens and focre them to breed,there might be a chance theres a secert cave with aliens in the jungle that can get loose or somthing. but thats my thought's. preds would do somthing like that.

DiscsSig.gif

OTANG, Undefined, 17 years ago

flying aliens...reminds me of Starship Troopers. cool idea, but i wouldn't add it to the franchise, still its a good notion, maybe to draw or soemthing just for fun. hey theres an idea for u. maybe a pteradactyl alien. lol.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

Yeah. A cat alien may be possible, but the outcome wouldnt have such a good impact. it would grow up to be slightly bigger than its host. Now the chnaces of it knocking a human out to be taken away to the hive is unlikely.

Well, I have now learnt that every topic started by Disk master is in all capitals

Drenton.jpg
Come out F@ggerstrom! I know your in there!
-Conan O Brien, 2006.03.10

lol. You must admit it is funny to see the stupid ideas some people come up with.

Katam.jpg

.:MESSAGE BOARD, RPG RULES & INFORMATION:.

I think I've gotta agree with Bloo...I think flying aliens are weeee bit too far out there.

I have actually considered the possibility of bird-spawned xenomorphs, my personal Xeno (Appropriately named "Crow," which, mind you, is the name of a bird genus -Corvus-) was spawned from a North American Corvus corax, or Raven.

However, instead of granting wings or anything too ridiculous to be considered canon, I instead decided to adapt an avian creature's lightweight structure and extremely bony skeletal system to creature very light, thorny xenomorph, which I believe is what would most likely happen in that given scenario.
45324912.jpg

No offense, but... flying aliens? Err, yeah, maybe for... drawings and such, but... them actually being canon... or in games... you know, I thought the Ravager was a good one, but I don't like the idea of flying aliens. Or cat aliens. AGAIN, no offense. I respect your views, but it was only my opinion that they would take the meaning away from the "Xeenomorph" we know and love.

00Bloo_sig06.5.PNG

predatoress, Undefined, 17 years ago

Hmmh, but there are bird sized of dogs, I can't see how's that impossible. But I'm not an expert on aliens lol

ForHonor.jpg

http://www.freewebs.com/predatoress/ghosteyes.wmv

Deathdrop, Undefined, 17 years ago

There is not a bird, bat, or flying animal on this planet big enough to hold a chestburster.

deathdrop1.jpg