Wrist Nuke blast radius

Kidd, Human, 18 years ago

I watched both Pred. 1 & 2, the guy in Pred. 2 said that the WristNuke's blast radius took out (in their comparison) 30 or 300 city blocks, (sorry can't remeber)and in Pred.1 Arnold of course ran that distance real quick, imagin runnin that distance in a short amount of time, to me it must be another mistake made by the directors.

kidd-sig.jpg
Look around each corner before you move because the chances are, you are not gonna make it.

Sasha, Human, 18 years ago

Yeah I think there is a secectable blast t obecause it comes down to the sybmols. Look at pred one then AVP and the symbols are diffrent witch mean it prolly has a longer or shorty time to run witch means the blast is effected the timer. But there could be other resons to

Honor and glory

Unknown, Human, 18 years ago

the bomb is used to destroy any evidence of them being here.

topdogg2.jpg

Unknown, Human, 18 years ago

I think diffrent bombs have a diff blast radius, maybe the more ranked predator gets a more powerful radius blast but that's just my idea.

PREDOFHELL.jpg
Predators RULE!

Thanks for answering my questions guys.

kidd-sig.jpg
Look around each corner before you move because the chances are, you are not gonna make it.

OTANG, Human, 18 years ago

yea thats a good point. part of the reason for having a programmable blast, would be to set one off without attracting too much attention, and that would be up to the individual yautja's descretion (as to what too much attention is).

otangmod.jpg
Clan Balatu
Struggle is The Glory

Stalker, Human, 18 years ago

well in AVP the blast destroyed the pyramid & the whaling station which was 2000 feet above it. If the blast can travel at least 2000ft then 1km wouldn't be too far off, maybe by a few hundred feet

stalker.jpg

and the blast went thru 2000 ft of permafrost and ice. thome blast, nuclear bombs are tested at shallower depths. still i think the blast is just small enuff to get the good guy out :)

otangmod.jpg
Clan Balatu
Struggle is The Glory

ChEsTBuRsTeD42, Human, 18 years ago

Yeah. I mean the reason there are main characters is to solve the problem or to beat the bad guy.

runner6jb.png
Join my forum at http://agent42.proboards38.com/

yea kidd. everything is speculation those are just theories of mine so as far as them being able to run away from the blast, its just the movie thing, the good guys had to survive i guess.

otangmod.jpg
Clan Balatu
Struggle is The Glory

ChEsTBuRsTeD42, Human, 18 years ago

I think the blast took out 300 city blocks of forest, but not animals because i highly doubt that arnold ran that much.

runner6jb.png
Join my forum at http://agent42.proboards38.com/

Alright that answers some of my question with the WristNuke but it seems like the timer is set for 1 min because as soon as they start the count down one symbol already disappeared.

But what about getting away from the explosion, because on the movie (AvP)they got out of there real fast, if you remeber there was a big open area they had to cross from the tunnel to the temple.

kidd-sig.jpg

Yeah I guess you're right, because it is also a computer to show them where their prey is at, but in Pred. 1 if that Pred. wanted to kill him he would've had that bomb set to explode a bit bigger

kidd-sig.jpg

good point. unfortunately there isnt really a spec for the blast radius. in pred 1 of course it destroyed a huge chunk of forest, where in avp it was shown as having destroyed and entire ancient city. so then two posibilities can be considered. one is that its director's descretion and how he wanted to make the film, and the other is that the wrist nukes are adjustable or programmable in potency and up to the yautja to decide what will get the job done.

otangmod.jpg
Clan Balatu
Struggle is The Glory

yea, that true mr. TD.
after an idea i got and some quick mathematics, i figured that the heros only had to run the length of about 8 or 9 city blocks. 17*17=289 blocks, 18*18=324 blocks, in square blocks. if u divide each of the perimeter blocks by half cuz they only had to run in one direction, its about 8 or 9 city clocks. it can be done. but i still beleive there is also a selectable blast.

otangmod.jpg
Clan Balatu
Struggle is The Glory