hey dave can u help me with gimp

kill_the_queen, Undefined, 18 years ago

hey dave i am trying to download gimp but all different versions are coming up please help.
which one should i get.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

ahh its ok dave m8. i cant get it any way hey if u use photoshop will i be able to make sig on arcsoft photo stuido 2000 softwear.

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

Hey dude, sorry for the late reply - probably best to ask one of the other members about gimp as i am a photoshop user.

BERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

right i have downloaded that runtime now what do i do

i dont use gimp yet i just trying to get it. and when i download it what do i open it with.

celtic102, Undefined, 18 years ago

oh yeah i used to use gimp know a bit about it but haven't used it in ages since i Got Photoshop CS 2

.:Celtic-Designs:.

.:The Youngest Mod :.
The Road to Salvation Begins Tonight, Right Now
Lord Of Hunters Moon

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

ahhh a gimp user i know alot about since i used to use it so u wana know which one it is gimp 2.2 u want and you need gtk+runtime enviroment to make gimp 2.2 work

if u need eny more help with gimp please ask know alot about it plus the sig i have on now is realy old but my best avp sig and i made it with gimp

good luck dude

OTANG, Undefined, 18 years ago

katam is right follow his advice. i got gimp but never really used it. disin' t have the time to learn.

otangmodsig2.jpg
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

www.pixel2lfe.com has some great tuts for gimp but photoshop is alot better

thatopdog.jpg

luqing, Undefined, 2 years ago

you can download it from the gimp official site, there should have the latest version.
Gimp has been superior for what I use it for, which is coloring and lettering comics.
There are tools in GIMP that work in such a way that I get my work done quicker and easier. The lasso tool, for example...it works quicker and better than the PS version. The Select By Color tool is also super helpful. And those are just off the top of my head.
I've been using GIMP exclusively for a couple months now and I can say I'm never going back to PS. And I say that as someone who used PS daily since about 2004.
I would recommend the XP-Pen Artist series ( https://www.xp-pen.com ) display drawing tablet for photo editing in Gimp. Good price range and screen size choices. I've personally tried out the XPPen artist 15.6 Pro and the results have been pretty satisfying.