alien 3

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

got the quadrilogy for xmas.its awesome.but do u think alien 3 had a smaller budget than the rest of the series,just looks like they cut a few corners,special effects wise.

THROW.JPG

Predator_Killor, Undefined, 18 years ago

damit u guys r the most picky bunch of kids i swear 2 god if there was no alien res. u would be complainin sayin there should be 4 alien movies.. if u dont like the movie dont watch it simple as that. i liked resurection the most out of all the alien movies i dont really care i just like see'in aliens on my tv i dont constanley complain about it

Silent like the night
Striking without warning...
Pray they dont take you alive....

Predator_Killor, Undefined, 18 years ago

well if u have spent the countless hours watching the extra's disks that come with the dvd single u will relise that in alien, aliens and alien res. they used puppets for the xenos and because they wanted the xeno in aliens 3 to be smaller, run fast etc they couldnt use puppets because even a midget wouldnt fit in that xD so they used cgi and u can tell.. wen it runs out of the nuclear waste room it is sooooo animated u can tell i thought that was a bit of a bummer.. but hey the story line is good so wat else matters right?

Silent like the night
Striking without warning...
Pray they dont take you alive....

cutm3up, Undefined, 18 years ago

i always thought that alien 3 was my second favorite out of the alien quadrilogy but aliens was my favorite because i remember seeing the really bad rubbish parts of alien 3
(i cant remember them now...)

i am a master of sination...
a master of discs...
a master of the shadow...
no-one is better at ssinatons than me

Personally I think even with the medicore CGI Aien3 is still one a really good film. It kept to the Alien feel and was a good film. Pity they had to ruin it with Alien Res.

I only have one rule....
Everyone fights. No-one Quits. Do you get me?
We get you sir!!

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

It was around the time where most films went crazy with CGI, and admittedly, some of it did look pants. Personally i hate the poo CGI in Resurrection when you see the Alien crawl into the marine drop pod, that was terrible.

BERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

AVPFREAK, Undefined, 18 years ago

Yeah the quadrilogy rocks. I think that Alien 3 had very good special effects, but I can see your point. I'm pretty sure it's because the director tried to return it to the simplicity of the first one. I also think that he made the right move; it was such a gothic horror masterpiece.

Blood-Bath3.jpg

~For centuries, human beings have worshipped these beasts as gods, beasts that will forever haunt us, beasts waging an eternal war.....~

Hey im not saying it wasn't a good film. All the bits with aliens in were great. But the newborn...That has to be the worst idea ever! Ruined the whole film. I don't even watch that bit anymore.

I only have one rule....
We get you sir!!

I think the new born gave the movie a good tone.
I think so people just hate the fact it kills the queen.

ScarFace.jpg

Freya, Undefined, 18 years ago

I didn't like the newborn.. It was too weird looking.. It didn't look like an alien at all!!

Thats cause it wasn't it was the worst part fo the alien franchise!

I only have one rule....
We get you sir!!

OTANG, Undefined, 18 years ago

hmm i dont see the horrible work some of u see in alien 3. i thought it was a great movie. ya the cgi needed work but its much more noticable on t.v. screens than on the silver screen anyway. i like it as pyschological/horror/thiller film. i only thing i think is far-fetched is the xeno emerging from the molten metal. other than that i thought was cool.

alien res. argh....... bad script, bad cast, bad newborn design, but cool xeno shots.

otangmodsig2.jpg

Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory

Tha Forum Rules

Stalker, Undefined, 18 years ago

The CGI in Alien 3 was one of it's only big flaws. What little suit work & puppeteering there was in A3 looked very good, but when it came to the GC parts, which, sadly, was the majority of the times when you see the alien, it looked horrible.

stalker.jpg

davii008, Undefined, 18 years ago

LOL first time i watched it i thought the thing that was facehugged i thought it was a cow! lol

daviisig3.jpg
i will slaughter predators whether young,old,female or male...facehuggers are my brothers...chestbursters are my cousins...i will slaughter predators whether young,old,female or male...

alien 3 great movie i like him for dog alien super fast alien i have in movies is was great

predalien26 of two princes

caboose3456, Undefined, 18 years ago

Alien3 is a masterpiece story-wise.However the special effecys are lack-luster at best

Goodbye pinkie toe...YOU SHALL BE AVENGED

Ye Alien 3 brought Alien back to its roots. Hiding in the shadows and all that.

And your right the only good thing about Res was the cool Xeno scenes.

I only have one rule....
We get you sir!!