Crazy Timeline

Sasha, Undefined, 18 years ago

OK if you follow the comics where super heros face off against the predator and aliens then shouldn't humanity already have a idea of whats going before any of the movies even took place. For example in the Second Batman Vs. aliens the goverment spliced alien DNA with villans from arkam insane aylum. And in reserection they said it was relitivly "new technology". Or in the comic book aliens take over earth but a 100 years proir the skynet computer loses the battle with humans then like 200 years later after resserection riply comes back and fights it again. The only problem here is that if riply fought the aliens 100 years ago and saves earth when is the movies suppos to take place ?

Unless humanity lost all their data on aliens and cloning. in the war against the terminators.But that still does not answer how riply keeps showing up.

so whats going on ?

The ultimate game is me come hunt me if you dare

FrozenAlien, Undefined, 18 years ago

Maybe..(i dunno if this is right) because ..

hmm

i dunno but Maybe they did know it was from the comics, but forgot some time ago and was reminded of that in the Movie(AVP)?

Maybe.. what'd you think? ?:/?

~Another female on Da Site~
24023571678.jpg

TDN, Undefined, 18 years ago

Okay, but then from what I've seen around here, most people seemed to have adopted the idea of the Predator language(and using it on the board) and their ritualistic culture. And if I'm not mistaken, those all came from the comics and novels didn't they? If all of then are for kids, then why do so many fans adopted some of the ideas from the comics and novels?

TDN.jpg
We Endanger Species...
Preferably Yours

Stalker, Undefined, 18 years ago

the comics aren't considered canon, they are stupid & cheap fractions of the franchises

stalker.jpg

Deathdrop, Undefined, 18 years ago

The movies are the only part of the official timeline. Everything else is an alternate universe.

deathdrop.jpg

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

yeap,thats right

SCARFACE

XTheXRogueX, Undefined, 18 years ago

so the comics and the movies are ..um lets say alternit univerises?like umm godzilla

will

willsig2vy.jpg

Godzilla is NOTORIOUS for alternate timelines. As is AVP, but to a lesser extent.

deathdrop.jpg

predatoress, Undefined, 18 years ago

*scratches her head* I don't wanna ruin anybody's fun but I think it's a bit cheesy to put some predator against batman. I've not read any of these comics but I think it cheapens the franchise (well, if they are made like Whichblade/Spawn then it's acceptable) I mean Predators and Aliens are scifi/horror movies where extraterrestial beasts comes and kills people. And the key to preserve the horror is to keep them in the shadows and unknown.

Or maybe I'm just too old to get excited about predator vs. batman comics lol But alternate universes? Hmm... I think you should consider them as separate stories.

predatoreessig.jpg

-The Night Blood-

Frozenalien, the Godzilla timeline is the most messed-up thing on the plante, partly because it's been restarted so manny times. And the comics being better than the movies?! Think you're on your own.

deathdrop.jpg

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

um.. the Godzilla Time Line fits in well, but the AVP time line series goes as this

Predator 1987
Predator 2 1997
Alien Vs Predator 2004
Alien- Future
ALIENS- 57 years after Alien
Alien3- a few years after ALIENS
Alien Resurrection- 200 years after Alien3

The comics and stuff don't fit in that

Batman vs Predator and ALien vs Batman, and ALien vs Predator vs Terminator aren't really good, especially the Batman ones, what that?

Spear in the head, Batman's dead

Tail or Second jaw in the throat, He's dead agian

they were.. kinda stupid when i read em

~Another Female on the Site~
23022375518.jpg

I dunno maybe its just me but everyone here seems to nbot like the comics but honestly I always thought the comics were 5x cooler then any of the movies. That to me is the true meat of the franchise the movies I always thought were kinda on the boring side cause its just riply coming back and coming back over and over.Its kinda a sweet thought to think superheros had hard times with these creatures and riply is so hard core she takes them on all kinds.

ghola88, Undefined, 18 years ago

comics are for kiddies. And predators vs superheroes, REDICULUS. If you say comics are 5x better there is a mistake example in a comic a pred takes up a tank and throws it. What the hel isnt that too much? Comics all come for movies and infact comics ruin the avp universe and suk worse than andersons film. And not much people on this site like comics me too cause they are cheats.

gholacopy.jpg

Wow dude thats lame. I'm 16 and I certainly am not a kid but I enjoy the stories. Don't get me wrong the movies are badass its just that it seems kinda retarded to be all hard core into the movies and not be curious even a little to learn more about the aliens and predators. The comics tell us stuff you don't here in the movies and the information you guys all have come from the comics like how clans work or all their sweet weapons ect....so why the hate ?

Also where in any comic book does a predator pick up a tank? All the onces I read they have the same abilities, strengths,and weaknesses as in the movies nothing is agsagerated like that.

OTANG, Undefined, 18 years ago

sasha i get my info from other sites and even that is all speculation. i guess comics are usually connected to kids thats why we tend not to honor the comics. but truthfully i don't think about the comics, i dont read them. movies tend to be more believable renditions of the franchise while comics are more for effect, hence they do off-the-wall stories, like you say picking up a tank. and the comics also do cross overs and many people in here really dislike crossovers except with aliens and preds. thats why they dislike the comics, and not becisue they describe culture and weapons. the books also give backgrounds for the preds and xenos.

Struggle is The Glory

No the Godzilla Comics are Stupid pices of work, like Godzille vs Barney. They Jacked up Barney worse than Anderson's film!

I know he's died , makiing it restart countless times.. but thats the confusing part of it

like in Godzilla 200, what happened to his Red back and his Red Firebreath in Godzilla agianst Mechagodzilla?

~Another female on Da Site~
23920061021.jpg

Stalker, Undefined, 18 years ago

Gotta agree with u DD & dave, I think ur def on ur own with saying the comics r better than the movies sasha. I personally think that the comics are absolute stupidity, they are in no way realistic in the abilities of the species & quite frankly, crossover comics like batman vs predator etc are just plain ridiculous.

stalker.jpg

You can't say the novals don't tell you anything cause in Predator prey and other ones it tells you about a chick who runs with the preds and hunts with them and from that spesific series ccomes the notion that the preds are call Yautja in their own language and some other revealing facts.