How did you get into A/P?

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I was just wondering... because if we haven't all gotten into this, these forums would've most likely not have been the same as it is today (let alone when it first started).

How I got into it was back when I was 5. I remember watching Alien (or Aliens, I couldn't tell what the movie was and I never figured out its name) with my sister and my dad. At first I didn't want to, but the moment I heard "fighting" and "Alien" I got over excited. That was the start of what I became today. From then on, I tried to learn as much as I could about those guys, and then I learned of Predator, and I think you know the rest...

(if this was already recently created please delete)

00Alien_sig2.9.5.PNG

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

Unknown, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

this has been answered.ill find my post and paste it on here later

coryscarfacev2.jpg

navyspaz, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

well I saw Predator first, when I was like 6, (Predator 1) on Sci-Fi and it was my Favorite movie. I had no Idea what an Alien was. then when I was like 8 I rented alien(s) just to see what it was like, of course it scared the hell out of me because I was lil, and everytime I went to sleep I put my face into my pillow just after seeing Facehuggers :( :D and I didnt watch it for a while. then I saw the game Alien vs. Predator (1) for PC. and Extinction, I got both and thats when I became obsessed :)

NavyMetalSigfromPRED.jpg
.::Messageboard Rules and RPG Information::.

Unknown, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Well my way was simalar to you bloo. I was sitting there one night with my older sister waiting for my parents to bring in tea. When they brought it in and dished it out I was ready to tuck in and eat till my dad changed the channel and Alien was on with the Synthetic leaking all over the bit. Then I looked down to my tea and I had curry saurce on it and well ... I lost my apitite. :P

I was bout 4 or some thing if I remember correctly. Ever since I am crazy about watching it an it abvoiusly does not have the same afect on me these days but still good to watch. Then I probaly descovered the AVP games then actualy descovered Predator. So yeah that's my little story.lol.

I was sooo hungry that night to. :( lol.

Katam.jpg

.:MESSAGE BOARD, RPG RULES & INFORMATION:.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Heheheh, d@mn, I didn't think anyone would really respond to this; these are some good responses. And siliconsara, that's one hell of a history, heh...

00Alien_sig2.9.5.PNG

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

siliconsara, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I remembering answering this on The Hunted, but more Predator-oriented. The story is still the same now as it was then =)

I only heard about the Predator movies once in a while and never really thought much of them...mostly because I was a young girl who was still in her girly-girl Barbie stage. After I hit puberty (around 10), I started looking at things in a different light...and I would catch a few minutes of the first Predator movie on cable television (TBS, TNT, AMC) as long as my Dad didn't catch me watching the really gory parts, but the most funniest of it all was that I never saw the scene where the Predator unmasks himself, I either lost interest in the movie (because I was still sorta in my girly-girl stage), or one of my parents switched the channel. The even funnier part of this was that I was ing SCARED of the aliens (xeno). Whenever my Dad put on HBO, they would have those "HBO: First Look" programs featuring the Alien movies (most notably, Alien 3) and I would scream and run out of the room in total fear. I was a very wimpy child, yes...my tougher sister would torment me by switching on the HBO channel at night and I would scream and hide behind my Dad's arm chair when any mention of the Alien movies came on. So, I am very happy I didn't see an unmasked Predator at this point in my life, or I think I wouldn't be a huge fan like I am today.

I finally saw the Predator unmasked in around 1998...I was taken aback by the look, and I truly thought he was disgusting looking. It's kinda funny in the span of around 8 years...a creature I thought looked disgusting I now see as a sex symbol and would like to mother his hybrid babies.

Skip ahead a whole lot of years to around 2001, when I am obviously older and have changed greatly due to a lot of factors. Alien vs Predator was discussed on a whole bunch of movie gossip webpages. So I start searching, looking around...and got interested in the idea. I only saw bits and pieces of the movie from DVD screener bootleg shots and when I saw Scar's face...I dunno..he just kinda clicked with me but since all I remember were that his kind hunted and killed people...I never thought that a Predator could ever spare a human, even if they were a threat in anyway...so I didn't think much of it.

Skip ahead to August 16th of 2005. Alien vs Predator comes onto HBO ondemand. I forgot about it and since I was bored I decided to watch it. After watching it, I became hooked. The sub-text between Scar and Lex made my heart burst with fangirl love. I immediatly jumped on my (new) computer and started scouring the internet for info on the Predators...and learned that their proper name was "Yautja" and I searched devART for fanart and saw that other people felt the same way I did and then I whisked off to fanfiction.net and saw that people started writing romantic fics on the Predators...I was in bliss!...I was so excited, and I still am!...

Up to present day. I am so glad I gave Predator a chance...I do not regret it one bit.

FrozenAlien, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

uhhm, i think it was when i watched it with you and dad bloo lol i can't remember any other time before that. I think the reason i'm a Xenomorph fan more is because.. i dunno, i don't think i really have one =P i DID like Yautja more when i first joined the site but then the more i learned about Xenomorph the more i liked em', and i guess that's what made me who i am about Xenomorph today(and i didn't know everyone saw it younger than they were supposed to lol which is 18.)

---------------------------
Kainde Amedha of the Hive

00FA_sig04.5.PNG

hajou3, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I think when i was 6 I had a friend sleep over and i just picked a movie at random and it was aliens(i didnt really get what was going on though). the next day when my mom and dad where at work i watched alien(i dont think they wanted me to watch it) We didnt have any more of the alien movies then and i watched all of the alien movies when i was 10 or 11(i saw both pred movies before then) and i thought that they where good movies so i became an alien and predator fan.

Hajou3sSig.gif

Kidd, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

How I got into it? Well I forgot how old I was but it was not the Army stuff nor anything like that, but the first movie that I saw was Predator 2. It was at the later parts when the Predator was healing itself with the Medicomp and it was really cool. Plus I've been to a Truck Stop and inside there is a 5'6" tall Predator in there, it does not have any armor but also I can't really say that I got into it alot. But there you have, now you know the first movie that I ever saw that is based on these creatures.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Look around each corner before you move because the chances are, you are not gonna make it.

hyroglphsarenice, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

well i got into it when i was 5 (12 years ago) when one afternoon i watched alien, aliens, and alien 3 with my cousin. since then i have been a avid alien fan. i saw the predator movies but never really cared for them. they were good but no where near the same level as with alien. in any case i never really was hooked in the universe till avp2 online. when i got that which was about three years after it was created i was completly hooked.

(for simplistic use just call me hyro)