ALIEN NEED AIR OR...

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

hey do u guys think aliens need air because in alien 4 the drone was in the water for like 10 min or somthing like that. and in alien part 1 when ripley got the alien ed out the ship the alien grip the ship with tail and it din't act like it need air. my opinion is it don't need air as much,it can go on without air.after all if the body is acid how would it breath?

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

Well I can think of a few bacteria that do not need to breathe. In all respects everything which makes a xenomorph is actually biologically feasible. Definitely not possible via natural evolution on our planet, but feasible.

Actually Aliens make sounds to communicate. Based on what I have witnessed in the films, I believe that all aliens share a very basic mental link, which can only communicate more base emotions, with the queen's being the most dominating and powerful of them all. In order to communicate, xenomorphs need to vocalize. This is the only logical explanation to why they generate sounds, let alone on such a broad range. However, because they do not breathe, it is most likely that they actually only take the basic structure of an organism's lung, and while it partakes in no respiratory function and is not linked to a circulatory system, it allows for the flow of air for communication.

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone

A A compact whale can hold its breath for 50 minutes .... 10 dosent imply anything

B They dont need to breath, not possible , but lets all remember its a sci - fi fixtion

Punisher-sig.gif

donut, Undefined, 17 years ago

lol heck no he wasnt X3 anyways, as said beautifully stated, no :3

673296.jpg
~i draw things...it is delicious~
~first female on teh site! w00t w00t!~
I ARE A XENOMORPH! MOOF

Ash from Alien wasn't kidding when he said. "Perfect Organism"

brokentusk.jpg

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

I'll answer this simply and quickly: No.

Aliens do not need oxygen or any other kind of gas to support themselves because, as shown in both Alien and Aliens, they can survive the vacuum of space.

This also enables them to remain frozen solid (AvP), exist on barren planets for centuries on end (Alien), survive being coated in otherwise hazardous substances (Alien 3), and remain alive underwater (Alien: Resurrection and AvP).

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone

Well I'm not quite so sure but when you say their blood is just made of acid im sure its much like human blood except for the fact that the PH Acid levels are high causing things to burn and melt. But anyways about the breathing in water I guess you can assume that aliens have some sort of gill pouch on the the side of its large banna shaped head. They can probably be in water for long periods of time but at some point would need air. I don't really know the anwser but I gave it a shot now we can leave it up the the alien experts.

brokentusk.jpg

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Yes, they were under there for more than 10 minutes, because we don't know how long they were there planning that little ambush (chasing them towards the eggs and LETTING them get ahead so they would run out of breath, but that's just my opinion on what they were thinking).

00Bloo_sig06.5.PNG

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

TITANOSAUR, Undefined, 17 years ago

uuhh nope they don't!

if they did... ooooooh boy. I'll say when they get shot to space they'll impload!

TitanosaurSig.jpg

It sounds like they breathe, and it probably is but most unlikely. I've always been hearing that the "tubes" on their backs were used for breathing UNECCESARILY (I emphasized that, I'm not yelling).

00Bloo_sig06.5.PNG

They dont need to breathe as Crow masterfully said. Also, you may think that it breathes in everytime it used it out jaw. That sorta inwards hissing noise. Probable to scare the victim.

Drenton.jpg
Come out F@ggerstrom! I know your in there!
-Conan O Brien, 2006.03.10

They don't need to neccesarily breathe.

That's all I'm saying, because what I just deleted in this comment before posting would cause people to question me, I'm not really in the mood for that; It's 11 P.M., I haven't slept since 5 P.M. yesterday, and I haven't had cereal yet. Cereal is the best part out of all of it, too! - (Sorry for getting off topic, and that the actual reply is shorter than the off topic one, but that's just me)

00Bloo_sig06.5.PNG

navyspaz, Undefined, 17 years ago

I dont know if it is the same way with real aliens (well not real, the ones in the movies) but in the game AvP2, Aliens can stay underwater forever. and on Ressurection they were underwater for a pretty long time.

NavyMetalSigfromPRED.jpg
JOIN MY FORUM