dog alien= runner?

solo_pred, Undefined, 18 years ago

is the dog alien from alien reserection the same thing as the runner alien from alien vs predator2 for the PC? im just wondering becaus the way they walk.

nighty night dont let the xenomorphs bite

solo is equept wit 2 combi-sticks(one acid proof) 1-1/2ft long wrist blades, 2 shirkens(witch i found in walls) the arm of another clans mate (shadow) with is equipt with a arm launching net gun, and im equipt with a medi comp and a mask with allvision.

TDN, Undefined, 18 years ago

Don't get Dog-Alien mixed up with some of the toys they have these days like Snake-Alien and Bull-Alien. The Dog Alien was actually the one in Alien 3 not Alien:Res and it's called that because it came from a dog(or ox depends on which version you watched). The term "Runner" I believe was actually created by the games, especially AVP2 game.

Although for some reason some people call the one in Alien 3 a Panther Alien. Anyone knows why?

TDN.jpg
We Endanger Species...
Preferably Yours

OTANG, Undefined, 18 years ago

once again dave delivers the sanity we need...

xeno_slayer, Undefined, 18 years ago

ya i think it is. dog alien is just the name made up for the toys. same with celtic predator and chopper predator.

hearme.fearme.jpg

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

was it not referred to in alien 3 as being like a panther or some kind of big cat?

Untitled3332aa.jpg

TDN, Undefined, 18 years ago

Yeah it comes from an Ox in the uncut vesion of Alien 3. But then again, why doesn't anyone calls it the Ox-Alien? And which version(dog or ox) that people consider the "Official" version?

TDN.jpg
We Endanger Species...
Preferably Yours

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

It's not classed as a 'dog' alien in the movie franchise, it's just an average alien that has had it's DNA strand altered from being hosted inside a dog, only the games etc began to call it the 'dog' alien or 'runner'

bergmod.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

celtic102, Undefined, 18 years ago

Well i read they called it that cause they were goin to change it back to comin from the dog then they just called it panther cause they couldnt decide

does it come from the ox in the quadrilogy set ???

Redemption Is Sweet
Untitleda333aaaa3333.jpg
My Funny Flash Movie Site *New Layout*

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

I think it was originally called the dog alien partly because of being born from a dog & because of the way it moves but then with the ox it contradicted it & ever since the AVP2 game it has been commonly called the runner

stalker.jpg

Topdogg, Undefined, 18 years ago

ye its just something named from the game dog alien aka runner its just because of the way it walks, in alien 3 it comes from the ox so it does show how the aliens do take some DNA during the infestation stage

coming soon

topdogg2.jpg

the_doctor, Undefined, 18 years ago

its called dog alien cos its from alien 3 when its chest bursts from a dog (or ox in the special edtion) and its also known as the runner cos of its agility

are you predator or prey?
http://huntinground.tripod.com/

doctor.bmp.jpg

Grid-Head, Undefined, 14 years ago

Y did they call runners "Dog Aliens"at first?

-Bloo-, Undefined, 14 years ago

Jesus, I thought I went back in time - Stalker, TD, Dave and some other guys' posts were in here...

...Anyway, it was called the Dogalien first, and then the Runner by the games because the name fit more with the type of Alien it was given to.

They called it Dogalien because the drone came from a dog as opposed to the usual human host...

Deathdrop, Undefined, 14 years ago

Does no one read the dates on these things anymore?

DeathWraith, Undefined, 14 years ago

Does no one read the threads before asking a question anymore?

Deathdrop, Undefined, 14 years ago

Does no one in this Godforsaken town realise their car alarms are going off FOR 15 F'ING MINUTES?

wOAH. RL crossover.