***PLEASE READ****

daveberg, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

• Please remember you are only alowed to make four posts per day.

• Secondly, please stick to the given story.

• Try to make your posts as entertaining and detailed as possible.

• please try to type more than one paragraph for every post you make.

• We are currently in the brazilian rain forests and the sun is setting (some of you think the sun is still up)

newberg.jpg
    www.thorndesigns.net
    darkness of acheron
    BugRenders

OTANG, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

celtic warrior, you can kill non member characters if u want.
right on dave.

bob the frog:
OFFICIAL WARNING #1

for not following the rules and killing cory in one post. that psot has been deleted. please edit you next post to reflect that u have not not killed anyone yet.

kidd:
OFFICIAL WARNING #1
for cussing in your posts. it was deleted.
otangmod.jpg
Clan Balatu
Struggle is The Glory

Celtic_Warrior, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

set the environment and make it suspensful etc (sry if i butted in)

PLAY TIMES ONLY JUST BEGAN
CelticWarriorSig2.jpg

red machine and cory:
OFFICIAL WARNING #1

2005-10-18 15:32:55 by red machine
2005-10-18 15:45:55 by cory
for cussing. post was deleted. sorry fellas relax on the cussing its against the rules. i did this to kidd and i have to do it for everyone

otangmod.jpg
Clan Balatu
Struggle is The Glory

thanx again, and members 1) many are rushing into battles and 2) many are breaking rules like wrong weapons, cussing, etc. ur fighting and majority of memebers havent even arrived yet. dont be surprised if its decided that ur psots will be erased or worse, warnings will be given. thanx and have fun.

update: the rpg seem to be getting better guys, keep up the good work. dont dissapoint!

otangmod.jpg
Clan Balatu
Struggle is The Glory

after u make good rpg posts, at least a couple of paragraphs long, you can attempt to kill after at least 4 posts. in previous rpg's it took a bunch of pages worth of posts used to set the story for your character, so please do your research, its not a race guys

otangmod.jpg
Clan Balatu
Struggle is The Glory

Stalker, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

lol, well the majority (including me) preferred the traditional way RPG's are played. The only real "problem" with the RPG atm in my opinion is that some people (not singling out anybody) are making short, simple posts, eg. "I ran after the alien & stabbed it" or something like that. A word of advice to newcomers, try to make ur posts long & descriptive, it makes the RPG much more interesting for everyone

stalker.jpg

kill the queen (decon ) after researching the posts for my own post, i saw that on 2005-10-22 07:25:10 u killed FROZENALIEN without her responding to all your attacks and u didnt psot at least 4 times when u killed her.

FROZENALIEN since u got killed illegally, u can continue posting if u want, u are not dead.

otangmod.jpg
Clan Balatu
Struggle is The Glory

Any short posts and they will be deleted, it is a waste of space.

Ancient, you can join if you wish, you know the rules.

newberg.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

ur a good guy pred 64. thanx man. hope others do the same.

rules state which weapons are availablefor use. for example a glaive is not one of the weapons used.

otangmod.jpg
Clan Balatu
Struggle is The Glory

Celtic_Warrior, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

(for future reference) when you want to kill somthing does it have to be a character controlled by someone, or can it be just any old made up character you control for the post(s)

PLAY TIMES ONLY JUST BEGAN
CelticWarriorSig2.jpg

For examples on how to take part in the writing of a decent RPG - read and follow K20'S/predatoress/avp freaks/otang/docter/stalker posts, as they have been the largest and most detailed so far.

In a nut shell, none of you should be fighting or huntinone yet, we should still be setting up the story, but i guess too many of you are nOObs so i'll try not to be too harsh. Possibly in the next few weeks a mini RPG will be held with some experienced, detalied posters taking part, to set an example to the rest of you on how it should be done.

newberg.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

people read the rules! everything is there. sorry pred 64 but theres no rule like that man, i thought you all read the rules already??? already there are deviations from the story lines, the rpg is set during the setting sun , and it is very hot and no clouds are in the sky. some of u wrote its night and raining, i'm considering deleting the posts because of the deviations from storyline which is agaisnt the rules. please re write your stories before other measures are taken

otangmod.jpg
Clan Balatu
Struggle is The Glory

sorry predalien 64, my appologies, accidentlly deleted ur message but no im talking about the rules and rpg rules.

otangmod.jpg
Clan Balatu
Struggle is The Glory

K20A2, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

word of quick advice everyone, listen to dave, follow the story and we wont start over, Agreed? Cause it has been once before and it will be done again if the story does not progress at a fluid rate.

K20A2 is equipped with standard Predator armor, 2 wristblades, 2 sidearm blades(acid proof), 1 disc, wrist netgun, 2 combisticks(acid proof), plasmacaster, thermalnetting

ModSig.bmp.jpg

It's all about imagination and the ability to present a good story so others will be motivated to get into the story.

don't be so eager to get into battle, try presenting your character well to everyone else and showing a little thought to your posts.

Oh and please - for the love of god - try to spell properly!!!

newberg.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

thank you all members for making good posts now.

otangmod.jpg
Clan Balatu
Struggle is The Glory

it's plainly obvious most of you are far too eager to fight in the rpg, it is already moving too fast and has lost the storyline i gave it.

oh well, i give up.

newberg.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

yes its ok to kill non member preds in one post. but just read the rules, allow them to respond, and you'll do ok. if u still have question, ask me and ill try to answer.

otangmod.jpg
Clan Balatu
Struggle is The Glory

donut, Xenomorph, 18 years ago

ack sorry, i put that it was raining in my story due to an earlier post of someone elses so i continued it there :C and i think the LEAST written should be a paragraph, not like a page or so, if the minimum was really long then it would take forever to read and post something. i've started to post longer posts, but the earlier posts i made i considered to be long enough. i mean short posts are bad, but if they are like a paragraph and actually have a meaning then they shouldnt be ruled against. as for the story line, why can we not tweak it a little? we got the setting, and the marines, well if you think techinicly, the day is going by as this is happening so weather could possibly change.(technicly!) i read in a previous post something about us not continueing the story, well we are, same setting (cept for the rain), the marines arrived at the begginning, the predators were starting to land, the hive was wakeing up, and we started to fight after or during the 4th page, so we havent broken any rules according to the ones mentioned.

this isnt meant to be taken offensively by the way, i'm just stating my opinion.

~i draw things...it is delicious~
~first female on teh site! w00t w00t!~

bob the frog:
OFFICIAL WARNING #2

for killing another member in one post. one last warning left before being banned from the forums

otangmod.jpg
Clan Balatu
Struggle is The Glory