Does anybody what is the weakness of predators and aliens??

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

I am just asking that all cause everything has got to have a weakness right!!??

3 female on the site 1 predator female a alien female and a Female marine ohh yeah!!!!!!!!!

Stalker, Undefined, 18 years ago

Yeah dude, long time no see, yeah of course I'm still here, this place is like my second home, I'll be old & whithered by the time I leave, lol, good to see u back, & yeah the preds honour system (as I also mentioned) does occasionally limit their combat effectiveness, that's the reason why pred 1, 2 & celtic all died, because they held back, giving their prey a fair chance when they could've just killed them right off

stalker.jpg

Deathdrop, Undefined, 18 years ago

Kryptonite.
And if that dosen't work, Xenos have a lack of technology, dependancy on the hive, and no free will. Preds, on the other hand, are way too easy to off. Their emotions often get the best of them, and that is usually their downfall. Just look at Celtic. Look at Chopper. Look at the City Hunter from Predator 2. Heck, even the Jungle Hunter got a bit overconfident twoards the end. Also, The Preds in AVP were WAY too dependant on the tech. Considering they didn't have half the tech they were dependant on, they had a slight problem... Also, both have the obvious weakness of mortality. Cause and effect. Kinda like Field of Dreams. "If you build it, he will come." Same with Xenos and Preds. "If you shoot them, they will die." That's about all I can think of. Oh, yes, and Predators are REALLY stupid in their teenage years (as evidenced in AVP)

deathdrop.jpg

Avier7777, Undefined, 18 years ago

Weakness, Aliens? They are the ultimate kiling machine.

lol

Really, Alien weaknesses, well Stalker got it main point down(long time no see! glad your still here). The distance is a problem for the aliens, they can jump far and fast thoguh which makes up for the distance fighting or lack there off.

There major strength is they work well together. I love the Jurrasic Park series(minus the last one) and I always remeber the raptors killing the hunter guy(shows you my love cant even remember his name). I alwee(in my mine) the Aliens doing the same thing. I remember them attacking in packs and sacrificeing themselves for the good of the HIVE(caps cuz the HIVE is cool like that).

I don't think the idea of aliens not being smart is a fair argument, they are smart, they work as apck, they just dont have a real need for technology, which the preds do. Intelligace isnt rated soly on the technology, but how they work at a scoail level along with a advancement level. Aliens are seen many times learning from previous attempts(much like the raptors, hmmmm maybe theres a reason JP is a good move).

Predators, well there main "weakness" is their code of honor. I remember a certain predator in an RPG that happened to be a rouge pred, saying "Screw You" to the honor system. He always offered good fights. They follow honor too much when they should use their advantages as much as they can.

There other main problem(this is more personal then factual) predators seem to like to hunt AlONE over a pact. Honor thing again. Unless they are going after a queen(wanting it live) they tend to hunt alone(minus the new AVP movie which I have a host of problems with).

Their honor limits their effectiness, while aliens are 100% effiocent at killing, preds I see more as 50% efficent because of their code of honor.

Also, predatos depend too much on their technology. Granted we have only one recodred battle(Alien vs Predator, the Book not the Graphic Novel)where Broken Tusk(Dante(srry bout the sp))fights another younger Yajutia(sp and yajauta means predator, cant even remember if they gave him a real name).

They used no weapons, if my memory serves me correctly. And the older stonger pred wins(BT/Dante). Take away their weapons and they have tactic(very imporatn though). They would be stronger if they didnt have to rely on technology.

--
Only action can overcome fear.

donut, Undefined, 18 years ago

i agree 100% with avier, but katam they probely have more then just one vision installed in their mask :P if they've been hunting aliens for 100's of years they would of come up with something by now =D yes it would be a weakness if that was the only vision they had, but i'm sure its not by now.

~i draw things...it is delicious~
~first female on teh site! w00t w00t!~

preds have many weakness's in my eyes they see in thermal which is bad vs aliens since they dnt give off heat cos there metal and they have flesh which is easly torn and the same points as the other 2 guys realy :D

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

the aliens weaknesses are that they can only attack from close range, they don't have superior intelligence capable of creating technology & they require other species to procreate themselves.

Predators weaknesses are that their body isn't a weapon like the aliens, they are very strong & do have small claws, but aren't equiped physically anywhere near aswell as the aliens, they also can let their guard down to give opponents a fighting chance due to their morals & their honour system, this is a weakness which has cost several preds their lives

stalker.jpg

They both have strengths & weaknesses. Preds tech enables them to lay waste to whole swarms of xenos with ease. A pred with a plasmacaster can blast whole swarms to smoldering holes in the floor. Predators in my opinion would generally win over aliens in close combat. Even the unblooded celtic was whooping grids @$$ before he got a little overconfident & left himself open like a fool. Celtic used his bare hands for the majority of the fight so u can't say that preds are weak without their tech. Granted, aliens body's are designed for killing by nature, so without their tech, preds would almost surely fall in the long run. But with their tech, the aliens have a really big problem on their hands. Oh & katam, preds do have multiple vision modes, their EM vision can detect aliens, so don't think their vision is a weakness

stalker.jpg

sorry bout that but aliens rule they got only 1 weakness they cant kill close range whiles a gun can nuke its *** from several feet away

Avier7777, Undefined, 18 years ago

Even in death aleins can kill you. How bout you go roll in an alien body and see if the acid treats you nicely. Aliens are the death machine. The queen just chruns out more! Aliens rule, predators follow some honor code. SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST.

--

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

OTANG, Undefined, 18 years ago

lets not forget xenos are great bullet magnets. they show little ability to coordiante any sort of attack besides running straight into opponents. there are occasional exceptions as with all life forms, but for the most part, xenos are considered completely expendable among themselves, and have no kind of governing body. besides the queen, there is no order. if it wasnt for queens' leadership, they obviously dont last long once their presence is recognized. they are not smart at all and i dont see any proof of them being smart in the films aside from being able to learn from experience... or queen guidance. i don't see any proof of 100% killing effectiveness either, once the element of surprise is gone, they are smoking, acidic carcazz on the floor

and yautja's weakness is their pride, not their honor. its this honor that has shaped them into what we now know of them. and i dont think they are stupid at all. arrogant and ignorant? how much can we really believe judging from a film directed by a foolwho thinks little of them anyways? my two cents. any more ideas?

otangmod.jpg
Clan Balatu
Struggle is The Glory

OTANG, Undefined, 18 years ago

is that english? please read before and after u post. ranks points on the line here people

otangmod.jpg
Clan Balatu
Struggle is The Glory

cystic_warrior, Undefined, 18 years ago

Well in my own opinion Preds are physically and mentally superior to practically everything. But as i see it preds have to have wristblades, spears, plasmacasters and all that super technology to protect themselves. But take that away from them as well as the cloak and they are completely defensless. Becasue they dont have long tails like the xenos do because preds dont have tails. And plus their helmets can only focus in one direction so if they dont see the aliens they are basicall screwed.

Xenos are well equipped for killing it all has to do with the problem of range with thier attacks. If the prey is not in the range of attack they cant kill it. their claws might be able to cut steel and their tails may kill everything they spear with it. But all that has to do with how far or close the xeno is from the prey. Their second jaws are one of their best weapons and that only is used for extremely close situations. Preds have advantages over them it this way they can throw their spears, smartdics, and spearguns, and fire plasma caster at them and only a select species on xenos can spit acid so thta bascially wraps everything up. PLease follow up if i missed anything.

THE HIVE CANNOT BE STOPPED. SO ALL TREMBLE IN FEAR FOR THE HIVE IS SUPERIOR

aliens rule

The weakness of the aliens is fire because it probley heats up the aicd more the usllal and for preds it emp grandes cause it kills there cloak exposing them in front of there prey

We"re on a express elevator to hell
GOING DOWN!!

GENFC DEATH- if u mean we can kill preds with out tech, as in fight them hand to hand, then I'm lmao. Preds are physically superior to humans in every respect. Aliens, as dave stated are incredible survivors & are designed to kill, preds & aliens both have weaknesses which can be exploited by either species. Referring to the doc's comment about the way we are outmatched by what we hunt, it's similar in some ways, but preds have incredible physical strength, & can usually overpower their prey, even xenos, as strong as they are

stalker.jpg

Survival of the fittest. Rogue predators have the edge on xenomorphs due to their lack of emotional weakness.

The aliens however are built to survive, and have very few things that can stand in their way, underwater/in space/deep cold the alies can maintain life in any of these situations unlike predators.

To be rogue, is to be perfect. I await the RPG.....

shadowblade.jpg
i can smell your fear.

Yes but we little bittle ants as you call us can kill a predator with out some times with out the aid of technology

We"re on a express elevator to hell
GOING DOWN!!

Nick_Kang_20, Undefined, 18 years ago

Mr. berg said some of it and yeah doc humans are very brittle creatures...

Visit GFX Streamline V2.0

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

I totally agree, the odds are evened out by the superior intellect and weaponry at the predators disposal, plus they possess incredible physical strength also, all factors that balence the outcome of any altercations that may occur between the two movie monsters.

newberg.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

the_doctor, Undefined, 18 years ago

when u look at it predators are outmatched in the whole "who could survive better" but they make technology to try and counter it. its like us and things we hunt, humans are outmatch physically by say a bear so they make spears to try and even it out. xenomorphs are the ultimate in survival(come on they dont even need air)it would be hard to find a species to match them in survival. so preds do have more weaknesses but humans have even more compared to them so its no real big deal who has the most weaknesses.

are you predator or prey?
http://huntinground.tripod.com/

yoyo.jpg