Alien: Scariest Movie Ever?

Dalkar, Undefined, 18 years ago

I was watching a show a while back that was counting down the 100 most scary movies/movie moments ever. Alien was #2(the chestburster scene) it was only beat by Jaws which I dont believe was that scary. Aliens was #35 in the countdown also. One of the guys talking about Alien described it as being a Gothic Horror where i prefer to think it as Sci-Fi Horror. What do you think?

Hunt or Be Hunted the choice is Yours

donut, Undefined, 18 years ago

jaws is junk compared to Alien, how dare they rate that shark pumped up on steroids more than the Alien?? BAH i say BAH

~i draw things...it is delicious~
~first female on teh site! w00t w00t!~
I ARE A XENOMORPH! MOOF

predalien_64, Undefined, 18 years ago

i think alien was a great sci-fi/horror of it's time it was well made for being a "B" movie. my fav part was the chest buster scene, and it still if one of the most scary films out there, that is what i think.

24200030516.jpg

Predalien of the Shadow Serpents

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

Alien3 is more a gothic horror, alien was pure bred sci-fi horror and in my opinion is one of the scariest films of all time. Gotta love it.

BERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

^^^
Yep. Heck, it's wannabe, Deep Blue Sea, only me made me scared when I saw the shark eating the bald morons arm off. But that was because I was, what??? 9 years old?

Alien is a good scary film. Ive watched aliens heaps, but not alien so it keeps the surprise up when u havnt seen it for a while.

weaponx, Undefined, 18 years ago

I also believe alien was one of the scariest films of all time. Especially at the time when it was released. Nobody had ever seen anything like it before. Even mow it still remains one of the scariest.

davii008, Undefined, 18 years ago

personally...i hate alien...aliens was a great film..i like action but with lots of death along the way

daviisig3.jpg
i will slaughter predators whether young,old,female or male...

Stalker, Undefined, 18 years ago

The original Alien is a classic & without doubt one of the greatest movies ever made. Back in '79 when it was released, it had audiences running from the theater screaming & vomiting in the bathrooms, especially during the chestburster scene. Back then though, audiences had never seen a movie like it & it was very shocking & new. But there are scarier movies today. One example is Darkness Falls, it's not a gory, splatter movie, but it is scary as hell, watch it for yourself & see. By '79's standards of horror movies, nothing even came close to the level of terror that Alien dished up, but by today's standards, there are far scarier movies around.

stalker.jpg

hey,i watched that show and Alien wasnt #2 :S

corysig1.jpg

Quinn, Undefined, 18 years ago

i LOVE the feeling that alien gives me if i havent seen it in a while. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh soak it up!

"This time the B!tch Is Back

Nick_Kang_20, Undefined, 18 years ago

JAWS!!! HOW THE H3LL!!!!! THAT SHOW ISN'T SCARY AT ALL!!! ALIEN SHOULD GET 1ST PLACE!!!

wh00ps caps lock

Copyrighted Nick Designz

Cory im pretty sure that Alien was #2 although it is very possible that i am wrong. Do you remeber what rank Alien was then?

Death is only the Begining

sorry about this but i cant stand idle about the critisism jaws is getting.i think if you ask the older members of the site that jcared the hell out of a lot of people.and it was made before alien.sorry , i know its not a movie review site but jaws is one of the greatest films ever made.

THROW.JPG

Thats ok. I dont think my comment actually counts, due to it being deep blue sea, but I stand guilty.

XTheXRogueX, Undefined, 18 years ago

i think the movie alien is more than a movie but a pice of art it is one of the best movies out there and unlike most movies nowadays it had a very strong cast with out 1 week actor. Now adays there are no scarye moves becuase all directors focus on is haveing thoughs jumpy momints but you can have the samething in a comidy.

will

willsig6rz.jpg

alien is good movie

predalien26 of the Hive

Hey Harrigan I didn't mean or want this topic to be about bashing jaws. I thought Jaws was a great movie I was just saying I thought Alien was scarier then Jaws.

Death is only the Beginning

yes jaws was great movie and alien to ;)

predalien26

Hunter_Predator, Undefined, 18 years ago

I don't think any of the Alien movies were scary at all. Exept the first time I saw Alien 1, they're all just... cool.

~~~~~Feet First Into HELL~~~~~

donut, Undefined, 18 years ago

i never said that jaws was bad, i indeed liked that movie, but when compared to alien, its a totally different story

~i draw things...it is delicious~
~first female on teh site! w00t w00t!~
I ARE A XENOMORPH! MOOF