Was Scar dishonourable?

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

I've watched avp a couple of times, and I've realised that Scar did something pretty damn nasty. When the preds first attacked the human's camp, that dude that fell down the tube was unarmed. When he first saw scar, Scar (either threw or shot) a spear at him, which went right through his arm and nearly killed him. I always thought that attacking unarmed prey was against the Yautja code of honour.

And for those who think he had a weapon when this happened, he only gabbed the pistol AFTER this happened.

So: Do you think that Scar could have been a naughty boy? Or was there a reason for this?

Bckgrnd.jpg
See this background? Made it myself!

You know what? Stalker should just make a simple page about why AvP su cked. He'd make the whole damn thing su ck.

Drenton.jpg

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

*heaven music plays*

You've shown me the light. The truth, Stalker.

*Record stopps abruptly*

I now realize how much of a piece of cr@p Scar is, and forever more, how dishonorable he is.

00Bloo_sig01.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

oh boy...don't even get me started on Scar, lol. Most ppl on here already know by now how pathetic I think he was so I'm not gonna bother with repeating myself, lol. Bottom line, I think he was dishonourable. Celtic was the one who got shot, so he should've dealt with Quinn himself. Scar "mopping up" after him like that wasn't very predator-like.

Also, when Scar first ran into lex he pulled out his combistick & got into a fighing stance as if he was about to attack her. She would've stood no chance whatsoever, & she wasn't armed with any kind of weapon so why he did that I don't know. Even after she had given him the caster AND killed the alien that attacked him, he still looked as though he was ready to blow her head off until the xeno swarm started attacking. I think all of this proves my point fairly well, lol.

thorndesignssig.jpg

Blade_Hunter, Undefined, 17 years ago

I agree with the point of "Quinn" still being a minor threat, and also Predators think of humans as dangerous animals basically. I'm a hunter myself and when an animal is only injured, not killed it's you're duty to track it down and put it out of it's misery. So maybe it's the same with Preds. Oh almost forgot like somthone already said Scar was a rookie, probably got excited or caught up in the moment.

BHsig.jpg

Kidd, Undefined, 17 years ago

I don't think Scar was Dis-honourable. Heck, if you attack me first with something that CAN take my life, I'll kill you if I survive your attack or when you least expect it.
Well, I won't do that in real life for it would be Two Wrongs won't make a right. Plus, revenge is sweet but it's a terrible thing to do.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Look around each corner before you move because the chances are, you are not gonna make it.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Was Scar dishonorable, you ask? Why, no. It seemed like it, but no. Not at all. Well, maybe. But it may be that I just don't like the Preds in AVP. Hate if you will.

Well, there are points to be shown from the movie to prove this, so I might as well put them up.

Scar checked Weyland if he was honorable kill before moving on, in which he wasn't, so he let him go. The only reason he killed Weyland was because Weyland was armed and was able to
injure Scar.

Scar killed the "Quinn" guy at the bottom of the hole because he was a minor threat, but a threat nontheless, because he had a weapon. But since he was more-or-less injured and not able to move, I have no idea why Scar ripped his head off.

That goes to show you that, even though I did not post all of the points from the movie, Scar is considered Honorable.

EDIT:

If blooding humans is against Yautja Law, then why, in past history, have Elders done that?

00Bloo_sig01.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

cutm3up, Undefined, 17 years ago

oh right, i think the guy shot at a pored, then fell down that massive tunnel and fell unconscious there until he was killed

but im not sure

00sig02.png
_______________________________________________ #FF0000
detonation!!!

When the time comes, are you prepared to risk everything, and face the wolves?

no because when the bodies wehere hoisted up, there were 2 guns on the floor, and they were trying to tamper with predatro rituals, with the aliens

00sig02.png
detonation!!!

Yeah, he did, but BEFORE that, before he ran to that little clearing where he found the pistol, he opened the door to one of the buildings and saw scar hoisting up a corpse on a string, (i tihnk Scar was about to skin the corpse)

Do you think that he did a dishonouable thing?

And i also just did some research, and apparently blooding humans (as scar did to lex) is actually against Yautja law.

Bckgrnd.jpg
See this background? Made it myself! Need someone to finish the job though lol!

in the pyramid, i think it was an alien that got him...i think

00sig02.png
detonation!!!

No, remember when he awoke and the first 2 preds (Celtic & Chopper) walked past him, then he turned to see scar standing over him with the wristblades, a scream and the sound of something being sliced is heard, then next scene.
Scar killed him, and since his body was not in the shot of scar and that girl running, perhaps the bugs dealt with his corpse, but scar killed him (I think it was celtic that Quinn shot, so why scar killed him and not celtic kinda confuses me)

Bckgrnd.jpg

And also, later when the dude (i think his name is Quinn) was down at the bottom of the hole, he was unarmed and paralyzed, and yet scar killed him, (btw, which predator did he shoot anyway?) was that like a mercy kill, or was it against the code?

Bckgrnd.jpg

oooh clever, ill have to check but it does seem that he was being dishonorable, but maybe it was the thrill of the hunt for him, it being his first assignment/mission, and didnt that man have a gun then he dropped it, ran and then got hit by a spear?

00sig02.png
detonation!!!