Director

EJJR, Undefined, 18 years ago

I've decided that if I can get Fox to take my script I'm going to be taking the director's chair with it. Anybody got anything against it?

Elijah Russell
Russell Writings
http://elijahrussell.tripod.com/russellwritings

Thanks dude.
Dave, what's your e-mail?

Elijah Russell
Russell Writings

Heydrich, Undefined, 18 years ago

EJJR and a reply to Davebergs statement as to not making another AVP movie. First though, EJJR, from what I have read of your proposed script for AVPII, I hope you get the job. If so, don't let fox push you around and force the incorperation of their horrible ideas, like the PG-13 rating for AVP. I will try to read the rest of your script being that I am only two days away from the end of my second year in college, thus freeing up a lot of time. The only thing I want to see happen, is a significantly reduced role of human character development. The movie is titled AVP for a reason, Aliens fighting Predators. Make the story based on the perspective of the predators, language, homeworld, numbers of preds, so on and so forth. Utalize the Humans only in so far as they provide hosts for the Aliens, and maybe a few predator kills as well. You definitely were onto something with how you continued lex's story. I really liked the nightmares she seemed to have, great tie in to Aliens. Don't focus the whole movie on the humans escaping situations they truly should not have lived through. Rather, focus on developing NUMEROUS and crucial battles between the Aliens and Predators, not the few that anderscum gave us in AVP. Ok, as for your dislike of AVPII Daveberg, we can't let the series end with weasel s pathetic attempt to make a great AVP movie. We already know that Aliens will dominate the humans up until the last few scenes, when all of a sudden, the humans become victorius. The same goes for Predators, they will destroy every human they come accross, until the very last one...should I even mention danny glover. But with AVPII, two of the deadliest species, and by far the best ever imagined, prove equal matches for one another. You never know who is going to come out on top. Again, should I even mention that for all the Celtic pred endured, he definitely should've won the battle against the grid. I don't care if right after he stabs the grid with his cerimonial knife, 1, 3, 5, or even 10 other aliens descend upon him for a true slaughterfest. HE SHOULD'VE BEAT THE GRID ALIEN.

Heydrich, Undefined, 18 years ago

EJJR, I have a possible story line for Alien 5. Although I don't think that this , or Predator 3for that matter, should take priority over AVPII, here's my thought. Bring just the Aliens to earth, whether it be as a result of Weyland-Yutanis greed, or some other reason, maybe even the discovery of the frozen alien queen from AVP. That I leave up to you. However, to continue, allow the alien species to be studied over a period of time by the company, their futile attempt to learn what drives the species. Then, by some freak accident, one or more aliens escapes the top-secret facility. This is where the fun begins. I truly think that for the aliens to overrun planet earth, would allow some sense of justice to all the times they have unfairly been prevented from total domination. This is definitely going to take some time, namely for the few aliens to spawn thousands, but with the amount of suitable hosts on our planet, they shouldn't have to much trouble. What ensues, after the alien domonation, is a genuine struggle for the survival of the human race. We are now facing the most deadly threat ever posed to the contiuation of our species (although according to P. Bush, that was saddam, sorry, couldn't resist) Anyways, I leave the rest up to you as far as describing our struggle for survival. One more note, possibly incorperate the space jocky race, originally scene in Alien. Who Knows...

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

not read any of your stuff but let me direct it. ive got a lot oer inside me and i wont make it look like a duran duran video

TDN, Undefined, 18 years ago

Well see, the problem with doing an Alien 5 or a Predator 3 is that fans will start expecting too much out of it. If it was AVP2, you know it's just going to be random monster fight, instead of having a good plot like the Alien movies or the Predator movies. So doing an Alien 5 or a Predator 3 will put alot of pressure on the producers and directors.

unitedstatescoonialmarinelarge.jpg

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

It's the directors job to procduce somthing that the fans will apreciate, not a half baked piece of cr@p that people will forget over nite, they need the alien 5 and predator 3 films as a last gasp at making things right again after AVP pretty much stripped both franchises of any sort of credibility. I am so not looking forward to a sequal to AVP, it's just (to quote Rodley Scott) 'Wringing the series dry'

Sorry if i'm coming across as harsh but i really do hav strong feelings about the matter of a sequel to AVP, i am really against it.

boneship.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron

Haven't actually had time to read your script but so long as there's no ridiculous adaptations from the games such as praetorians and several different species of alien then i have no problem at all.

boneship.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron

scar774, Undefined, 18 years ago

sounds cool. but is your script posted?

do you know the muffin man?....... i ate him, so GET TO DA CHOPPA http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-4/999062/Scar774-finished.jpg

Iseijin, Undefined, 18 years ago

The only thing we better get from you is some sweet inside info! lol

ISEIJINSIG.bmp.jpg

Well aren't those the ones we always refer to as the runners? Yeah and I agree on all of the things such as Ravagers etc. but Praetorian I think they've got a good idea going there. I mean, it fits with the Hive structure. It's a Xenomorph waiting to become a Queen.

Drone-Warrior, Undefined, 18 years ago

All I ask is that you give what the fans want EJJR. I was really upset with how long the two monsters battled in the first one, If fox does take your scrict and lets you direct it, then all I have to say is make it an ALL-OUT BATTLE!

Good Luck, :)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

~All bow before the Mighty and Powerful Queen~

To be honest, i'd rather see someone direct alien 5. Forget this VS stuff. It's cliched and rather dull.

TDN - looks like the RPG is tiltin in favour of your idea my friend.....

boneship.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron

Sorry but i only go with what the movies have structured so far. Praetorians, runners, ravagers blah blah, they are all pathetic excuses for the company to cash in on the franchise and branch out to keep younger audiences entertained.

(And yes i said 'runners' The alien in alien 3 was the same as any other alien except for a modified DNA strand.)

boneship.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron

The idea of a Praetorian isn't too stupid. I mean, if you're going to have a Queen and a Hive structure, why not have Queens in waiting like insects (not saying that Xenos are but if the creators wanted to do it, why not go all out instead) do. But that's the only new species I find tolerable (besides Predalien, but that idea has been for a long time).

I'll be interested to see what you come up with for your writings on alien 5.

boneship.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron

Crpl_Hicks, Undefined, 18 years ago

Well Dave it could always be a way to redem the series w/out "rignig them dry" as Ridley put it. I dunno. It wasn't THAT bad. Was it?

Well EJJR I think a good AVP movie would be great! I can help write, if you are intrested....

My second draft of the script is posted on my site. Go to Our Products on the link below, and click on Alien vs. Predator 2 to read it. I'm definetely going to push hard for the director's chair. I don't want anyone from hollywood to f*** this up, I want to give all the fans including myself the film we want. If I can get AvP2 I will definetely look into writing and making Predator 3 and Alien 5.

Elijah Russell
Russell Writings

Yeah, you would a great director EJJR! I mean this so cool. Someone I know being a hollywood director. Rock on!

hicksani.gif

Alien 5 is going to be tricky. You can't just do a balls out military flick because it's been done in Aliens. You can't have an isolated terrifying event because that was done in Aliens. At the moment I'm doing a certain project that was inspired by The Sixth Sense. It's a horror/thriller story. If you'd like Dave I'd be happy to send you a copy of it when I'm done to show you what I can do with horror.
As for Alien 5 I do not have a clue on how to make it yet. Sigourney is aging well, but aging none the less. I've heard the plot rumor was that she goes to the Alien homeworld for a last stand. Again it seems to much like Aliens. I want something new, and original. I'll have to meditate on that for a while.
And thank you Hicks for the encouragement.

Elijah Russell
Russell Writings