Bishop (Android) Info

celtic102, Yautja, 18 years ago

this is info on the bishop android
Bishop (android)
Bishop 341-B is a fictional character from the Alien series of films, an android created by the Weyland-Yutani corporation and played by Lance Henriksen.

The android was modelled after his creator, Weyland-Yutani robotics engineer Michael Bishop. While both the Alien 3 novelization and 2003 DVD commentary for Alien Quadrilogy by Henriksen himself says that Bishop in Alien 3 is Michael Bishop the human creator, the more recent spin-off film, Alien vs. Predator has ignored these facts and established its own canon, which considers Bishop from Alien 3 an android, and that the Bishop androids were modelled after Charles Bishop Weyland. This is not a story development supported or entertained by the canon of the Alien film series.

This contradictory mythos seems an indication of the complete separateness of the Alien and Alien vs. Predator film series. They are not designed as part of the same universe and therefore the canon of one series is not linked to the canon of the other, with Alien vs Predator more intimately linked to its true roots in comic book mythology.

The best saved for last...

daveberg, Yautja, 18 years ago

Interesting points there - i'll watch the quadrilogy to back this information up.

One thing that is rather annoying - the fact that the franchise set story is altered or modified by Paul Anderson at will. Ignorance of the main timeline has caused confusion in this issue before if i recall, But i will definately check this out on the quadrilogy, i'm a big fan of the movie explanations and events so this is something i will need concrete proof of.

rushed.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

TDN, Yautja, 18 years ago

That's exactly what I heard and said on the topic of Alien and Predator series timeline. I personally think that's true. Here's a link to a topic in IMDB that one of the Alien series fan(who is considered by the members there to be the most knowledgeable about the series on that board) give his points on why Michael Bishop was a human:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103644/board/nest/11056157
He provided some good points that I agree with.

We Endanger Species...
Preferably Yours

cystic_warrior, Yautja, 18 years ago

that really cool celtic102. you really know how to get information out. lol.

THE HIVE CANNOT BE STOPPED. SO ALL TREMBLE IN FEAR FOR THE HIVE IS SUPERIOR