A interesting pred idea

Crpl_Hicks, Undefined, 18 years ago

I have got a few ideas on preds. You know about the honor table, right? There could be a test to get 1,000 points in a week. That would be VERY interesting to see preds go on a slaughter house to get enough points to be a elder or something like that. Also, the aliens then would have to protect the hive more sternly which would only lead to idiot humans getting their butts whoped. Also, we should learn about pred martial arts. Like differnt weapon forms or hand to hand combat or even piloting. Ok, so what do you think?

Fear. Fear is the mind killer. I will let my fear go over me and when I do only I will remain. Fear is the mind killer.

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

It seemed that celtic was indeed in some form of battle stance when about to battle with the alpha alien in AVP, It wouldn't suprise me if they have studied things as you mentioned.

froggy.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

The_Reverand, Undefined, 18 years ago

Well they do have a kind of martial art, but not in the type you're thinking with Kata's, specific movements and actions to be repeated etc.. But more they are trained to think quickly and react instantaneously to a situation. You know like learn how to hone their alertness, focus, speed, reflexes or power hits.
that's what It seems like.

To Die in Battle Is too Die with Honour
To Die without a Cause is too die for Nothing
- Semper Fi

The_Reverand, Undefined, 18 years ago

I thought the same thing at first, but as you watch further there's no repeated sort of form or anything they just seem to act on their situation.
I dunno, that's just what I saw. could be wrong.

To Die in Battle Is too Die with Honour
To Die without a Cause is too die for Nothing
- Semper Fi

Topdogg, Undefined, 18 years ago

i would think they have somthing like that not sure about points though but train in killing creatures to determine there skills etc, i heard the preds do have a kind of "martial art" not brue lee stuff but more inner peace with ones being to make them strong for the hunt

topdogg2.jpg

predatoress, Undefined, 18 years ago

Yes. They just would have to combine somehow the live acting and special effects... But I personally like more a guy in the suit;)

I now it`s a mans world but this female don`t give a damn about it.
<-------=========------->*
Kill for honor. Die for duty.
Live for the thrill of the hunt.

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

Agreed, as fantastic as some CGI can be (LOTR, Matrix revolutions) I much prefer the anamatronics route, looks far better on the silver screen.

froggy.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

PredatorJay, Undefined, 18 years ago

Freaky! i can see it now: human runs at Pred, Pred spinning-kicks 'im into next week before leaping over his head to karate chop him! lol, I think Pred martial arts'd be kinda coool!

like stop its hammer time, ye i would agree with that as we all saw the pred in pred 2 move with skill when taking out the jamican drug lordz and the fairy DEA agents haha

topdogg2.jpg

predatoress, Undefined, 18 years ago

I`d like to see more close combats too, but I think it`s hard to get preds leaping and kicking their enemies `cos even moving in the suit brings some difficulties. Well, they could make this by a computer, but I`ve never really liked the computer effects - they just don`t seem as real. Maybe they should improve the suits flexibility and make it lighter, or something...

I now it`s a mans world but this female don`t give a damn about it.
<-------=========------->*
Kill for honor. Die for duty.
Live for the thrill of the hunt.

^^ good idea but then it would be hard getting big people to move around like that, if they do it right they could add the effects to the geeza wearing the suit

topdogg2.jpg